I don't know why I'm always having to do this, but here's another correction. Dave says I've been stuffing my face with chocolate. Well, I think he likes to substitute my name with his when he's doing something he's not proud of. The Halloween candy IS a real problem this year. We're used to getting mostly suckers and smarties, but with the more wealthy areas here in Oregon, chocolate is the favorite treat to distribute on Halloween night. We brought home 3 HUGE bags of it, and I'm proud to say, I've only had 3 mini candy bars, total. My 4 boys, on the other hand, have depleted the supply by nearly half already. Stew has been a big part of that half. We've been working on potty training, and candy is a great motivator for him...
AHHHH... Potty training. I live in fear of the time when my kids reach about 2.5 years old. I don't know why, because both Braden and Chris were really easy to train. Braden had it down in about a day and a half, and Chris took less than six hours. It's TRUE, I promise. He was about 2 years and 8 months old and one morning I decided I'd had enough of Dave's complaining about changing diapers, so I showed Chris how to use the potty, and half an hour later I sat him down to 'practice' and left him there while I answered the phone. About one minute into my conversation, I heard a cry of elation/surprise come from the bathroom. Ever since, Chris has been using the big boy potty without any urging from me. He even gave up nighttime diapers that same day (Braden was totally out of diapers, even at night by about 2 yrs, 8mos as well). I guess the fear and trepidation I always felt before potty training was all for this particular time in my life. Stew has not taken to the whole potty thing quite as readily as the others. He just had his third birthday, and shows no sign of caring about that big, squishy thing stuck to his behind. Do they let kids go to primary if they're still in diapers????
In Dave's last post, he left many of you, our devoted readers, to wonder what the heck is going on with us. I admit, he kind of made it sound like he just didn't want his job here. Well, that wasn't exactly what happened. His company had to shut down, so everyone at his office, the California office and the Korea office are now unemployed. We're thankful it happened when it did, because we were just about ready to buy a house here. I don't really want to try and sell another home in this market:). Dave has had some good job prospects, and we hope to get one in particular that is located in Salt Lake. Our lease here is up as of the 10th, so we are going to move down to Gunnison, UT with Dave's parents until we figure out the whole job thing. We leave a week from today. Off on another adventure!
Our little boy, under construction
15 years ago


4 comments:
Maybe if you write more often you won't have to correct Dave all the time ;)
I am proud of you for not stuffing your face with chocolate. Good luck on the move!
It was great talking to you last night. I look forward to your "pit stop" visit in a week or so!
To answer your question, yes they let kids go into Primary with diapers. I would personally use Pull-Ups but that's okay. He may actually get the clue then. When they know they are wet (unlike diapers that seal the wee from your body) it usually has an affect on them of I don't like this feeling. Definately worth the extra $$.
So, my question to you is how did you "teach" Chris to use the potty? You don't have the right parts to do that!!;-)
Have a good day, oh and I sent your email already this morning...as promised!--Julie
Oooo, I'm sorry about the job thing. That stinks. Though the selfish part of me when I read you were going to Gunnison for a big I let out a great big YES! Drop me a note when you get settled (not that your going to get settled there... but you get the idea) and we'll come down and visit. I miss you guys!
Wow! You guys have had a fun ride the last few years! At least you got to enjoy oregon for a year or two. And you didn't have a house yet, thank goodness! Good Luck!!!!
Aisling & Brenna did the same thing as Chris. We'll see about Rowan, it's getting to be about that time.
Post a Comment