To all of you souls who are inexperienced with Dave, I decided I'd better jump on here and correct some fallacies from his last post. I guess that means Dave succeeded with his ultimate goal on the last post... to get me to actually write something on this blog. Yes, I do have many excuses for not blogging (4 really big ones, to be exact), but I couldn't let Dave get away with his most recent breach of all of your trust. He has a tendency to exaggerate, blow things out of proportion, and sometimes, flat-out lie. Well, his last entry was coming mighty close to the latter.
I did NOT, I repeat NOT leave my precious camera on the hood of my car for any passer-by to take. Seriously, if you believed that (and I know some of you did, Jessica), how dumb do you think I am?! Never mind, don't answer that. I admit, I still have baby-brain. Anyway, my baby brain was never THAT bad. Here's the real story of the camera:
It was a bright, beautiful Tuesday morning; perfect for visiting the zoo with my 2 smallest excuses (AKA Stew and Ellie). I was supposed to meet an old friend at the gate at 10 (or was it 10:30). Anyway, my trusty GPS wasn't being so trusty that morning and led me astray. It took me about 20 minutes longer than it should have to get to the zoo. By the time I rolled in to the parking lot, it was 10:37 and there were no parking spaces to be found. Why, you say, on a Tuesday morning would the whole zoo parking lot be full? Good question. It was $2.00 Tuesday AND there was a new baby elephant on display, so everyone and their dog (which is saying a lot, because EVERYONE in Oregon owns a dog) came to the zoo that fateful day. I drove around the parking lot for about 10 minute, when they finally started putting up signs to divert traffic to the shuttle lot. Problem is, they hadn't yet put up signs to direct me to the lot, just signs telling me I had to go there. 20 minutes later, I found the shuttle lot, and to my great disappointment, discovered that the 'shuttle' was a school bus. Have you seen how wide the isles in a school bus are? I had a 2-seat jogging stroller, a cooler, diaper bag, and camera bag... something had to stay in the car. I have to eat, my kids have to poop, and I can't carry 2 kids all day, so I opted to leave the camera bag. Now here's where I made my mistake: after unloading the stroller, cooler, diaper bag, and two kids, I threw the camera bag back in the car (instead of the trunk). I must have forgotten to lock the doors in my haste, because when I returned from our lovely jaunt to the zoo, there was no sign of forced entry, therefore, I was not alerted to the fact that my camera was missing until 2 days later, when I decided to unload the car. So there you have it. I hope you have a better understanding of what I go through every day, married to Dave. Yes, he has a warped sense of reality, but I love him, just the same.
Our little boy, under construction
15 years ago


3 comments:
Hey there! I found your blog :). I'm sorry about your camera. I've had a couple of REALLY close calls with items like that. I hear you about the baby brain.
Our blog is jaredandtamara (at) blogspot (dot) com if you don't have it already.
Miss you!
Tamara S.
so I didn't really believe him... but it IS possible :)
Hi Tiff, I gave you a blogging award so you need to look at my blog so you will know what to do.
Post a Comment