slideshow

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tiff won't, so I'll have to...

Well, Tiff refuses to post anything on here for whatever excuse she can think of at the time, so I'll have to fill that void. I guess she likes talking to everyone individually or something - which to me is so less effective. Why not get all the info out to everyone instead of playing the 'you never told me that' game. With a blog all the guilt is lifted and my heart is light as a feather since now all the responsibility of finding out what the Judd's are up to lie's solely on the shoulders of the interested. Not to mention the blessing of the delete key -- ohhh the countless relationships that have been spared thanks to a well working delete key. So anyway, since Tiff won't put anything out there I get to tell the stories in my own words for all to see without the fear of being corrected. Let the inaccuracies and fabrications commence. It's up to you the reader to decide what's true.

Pirates! The great Portland Pirate festival was this weekend. Some of the weirdest people attend the pirate festival... so we went. You would not believe how many people dressed up for it. People really get into it, and not just the people involved in the event. It's like a free pass for the ladies to really wench it up. There were more than a few I was uncomfortable with the kids being exposed to. It was a good time though. There were sword fights and canon shows and all kinds of activities for the kids. Their favorite was the puppet show which was actually quite entertaining - I'm not ashamed to say. We had a good time, and even convinced Braden that he might be able to be happy even if we didn't buy him another sword to add to his collection. Actually the collection mainly consists of mangled plastic, torn foam, and sharpened sticks.

So, down here at the bottom of this post I guess I'll report that Tiff lost the new camera we bought just a couple of months ago. I'm doing this 'cause I'm guessing it will reach a limited number of readers since this post is getting a bit wordy - which eases my conscience. She was going to the Zoo and had a bunch of stuff to carry with her on the shuttle bus, so lost track of some stuff. She took the camera out of the case and left it on the hood of the car while she got the kids on the bus. That doesn't excuse the person who swiped it, but there are certain measures that can be taken to guard against these things. I'd probably have a hard time walking past such a setup without thinking it was my civic duty to relieve the person of their unwanted items. Bummer, but hopefully our renters insurance will cover it.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

first of all, she never tells me half the stuff you guys do, even though we talk on the phone about 2 hours each week. so keep the stories coming.
Second, she tells me that she doesn't write on her own blog, because she will just write on yours... not true? I might have to have a talk with her.
Third, I heard quite a different version of the camera. She told me she left it on the floor on the passenger's side, and forgot to lock the doors. I am curious... which story is true? Are you exagurating, or is she ....?

jray said...

Dave, I find it very unfortunate that you feel that ladies are the only party allowed to 'wench' it up at the Pirate Festival. Why should they be the only ones permitted such extravagances? As a concerned man, I enlist all other 'True Men' to join me this Friday in Dudes-Dressed-As-Wenches-Day, at all workplaces, nationwide. Will you answer the call? Jon

Jen and Nate said...

Tytan my six year old pointed to some biker dude and said in a not so quite voice – “Awesome, that guy is a real pirate – hu mom.” Needless to say he would have loved the pirate festival.

Anonymous said...

Great post! How fun. I just bought you a pirate kit book showing pirate things to make. Maybe I'll send it.

Love You,
mOm (grandma Cindy)

Anonymous said...

PS I love the music. Keep sending it.
mOm