" You couldn't swing a dead cat in ancient Jerusalem without hitting a scriptorian."
Not sure what I like best about it - maybe the visual of someone swinging a dead cat, or having a dead cat carcass wrap itself around someone's face. I'm sure the saying has been around for a while, but it's a first for me, and oh am I glad it came in sunday school. We get all kinds of colorful stories and jokes to start off and during our meetings. Another good one was the story about the gynecologist who took a mechanics coarse at the local community college. For the final exam he got 200 points out of a possible 100 points. When he asked the professor how he got so many points he was told 100 points for rebuilding the engine and transmission perfectly, and another 100 points for doing it through the tail pipe. The teacher didn't really try to tie it into the lesson at all -- not sure how he could of, but it was appreciated none the less.
Anyway - we're doing well. Chris turned 6 in July and Tiff refused to acknowledge another one of her birthdays just a few days ago. We've just been enjoying the outdoors around here. We got a canoe and have been down on the Willamette river a couple of times. The kids like it when the ski boats run past and we get to ride their wake. The canoe is large enough we can take all the kids with us and Ellie seems to really like the rocking back and forth. Plus the water police came up to us and gave us coupons for free ice cream for having life jackets on all the kids.
Here's wish'n the Olympics weren't on so late. Both me and Tiff are sleep deprived, and given that I'm normally just ornery - you all probably want to stay away until we can recover. It's been a lot of fun watching all the events this year. I just wish we could turn the TV off before 1 a.m. You should all see my Michael Phelps impression. It's a little nasty since I'm not as clean shaven as he is, but I think it's pretty accurate. We'll have to get a pic to post for you all. That oughta keep a number of you coming back with anticipation.


4 comments:
I am sooo jealous of your beautiful surroundings! I am feeling a little homebound here. not much to do outside, and on top of that it's just too hot anyways. I miss those mountains and green fir trees!
How does it feel to live in the best place on earth??? I can't believe all there is to do in Oregon. It hasn't been under 105 degrees since we moved to Arizona. Needless to say we stay inside a lot:)
I'm with you on the olymipcs. Seriously - can't we work out some kind of delayed streaming video or something?? 6:00am comes WAY too early!
I'm wondering when you learned to write like this, Dave. I recall providing (apparently needless) help with English essays in highschool - at which point did we jump to professional blogger status?
so you traded in your 4 wheelers for a canoe. pretty good trade :)
A lady at church yesterday while 'bearing her testimony' announced that she made love to her husband behind the curtain in the nursing home. the things people say at church
Post a Comment