slideshow

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Where DOES the red fern grow?

So the boys got to fulfill one of my boyhood dreams. Gotta love living here in OR. Apparently the boys went out and treed a family of 'coons that live in our neighborhood. A mother and 4 little Kits. Sounds like the method of choice was to chase them down and throw rocks at them. Can't say that I would've come up with a better method given the quick required response time. Kind of a risky endeavor since raccoons are notorious for being a bit ornery under normal circumstances - let alone times when their trying to protect their young. I have a hard time envisioning how I would react if they were to get attacked by a protective raccoon. I'm pretty sure they would've had to have sustained a near life-threatening injury for me to react with any sense of urgency. In fact once the 'coon backed off I might even egg them on to give it one more round. I'm bad huh :) Builds character, puts hair on your chest. They'll thank me later.

1 comment:

Kory and Hillari said...

Your kids are so funny, I hope I have cool kids like you someday! I can't wait for Florida, I'm sure there will be some more funny stories to add!