slideshow

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Havin fun





Well, look at this. Only a couple of weeks from our last post and here's another one! An indication of Hades climate change? I dunno, but for what its worth we're going to try to have something up every week.

We sure can't wait to see everyone next week down in U-tah. Not so sure how excited we'll be about trading in our late June - early July weather for what we know is going on down there. I mean, am I the only one who periodically re-confirms our decision to move north by following the weather patterns of some of our alternatives? I suppose the rest of you wouldn't for obvious reasons. Anyway, things are nice here. We're battling RECORD HEAT - we're in for a few days of 90+ degrees... in June! Things will cool back down to normal starting Monday though - phew. We battle the heat by heading out to the coast where it's 15 to 20 degrees cooler. Seriously, 70 degrees whenever you want it... without having to crank the AC.

Well, We're doing good so far. The kids are liking being out of School. It would be nice if they could go over to their grandma's house, or over to their cousins for the day to give Mom and Dad a break. They get tired of us too. So anyone looking for a change, we could definitely find a replacement for whatever is keeping you down south and help you put down some roots in the fertile northwest soil. The only thing drawing us back south is the lack of family close by, so if we can eliminate that by conning just one other fam member to join us up here, life will be sweet.
So here's some pics from some of the stuff we've been doing. We're still trying to learn how to use our camera too, which gets us out of the house. Being in the car is a pain with all the kids all the time, but it's good practice for when we have to trip down to see all the rest of you (omitted: because you won't come see us).

Braden wants to tell a story about riding the trolley in Astoria: The trolley rode the tracks by the Columbia river. It was a really old trolley - built back in the late 1800's, but they had restored it really nice. Chris and Stewart got to 'drive' it. The conductor told them to come up to the front and sit on a stool and hold on to a wheel that he said was the steering wheel. The wheel probably went to the breaks though, cause I think trains don't need steering wheels, cause they're on tracks. Chris still says it's a good thing he was steering or we would've gone right off the tracks.

Chris wants to tell about going to see Multnomah Falls. It was a fun hike. The waterfalls were huge. We got wet from the spray, and there was a big rock the size of a bus that had fallen off the cliff from behind the waterfall. I like hiking in the woods in Oregon. Plus there's a secret passageway to my friends house in my back yard. His name is Trevor. It's kind of like a hike through the forest when we go to his house.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't believe you kept me in the dark about your blog for so long!! I could have been reading them since may! Well, rest assured, you will have at least one person that will be a blog stalker

The Wallace Family said...

Tiff I keep thinking about you and asking people how you are but never emailing to find out myself. I am so excited you have a blog. Ours is boisewallaces.blogspot.com. I'm not making any promises but I do add pictures, which are always fun to see.
Julie

jray said...

I love that you are keeping up on your blog. It is so fun to see you guys. I have to say that Oregon looks like a lot of fun. When Jon gets done with school we are coming your way. Well we love ya, and we are excited to see you this weekend!!!

Missy said...

Tiff
I love the pictures! Are you loving your new camera? It is fun to see what you are up to. THanks for the link.
Missy